If you went to EMCworld last year and watched Brian Gallagher’s keynote on Transforming Enterprise Storage to Create Business Value, you were one of the many that got a sneak peak of the prototype of the EMC vFridge.
(If you didn’t watch it, here it is… skip to 38 minutes in)
Watch on youtube
The vFridge was so popular in it’s initial appearance that it made another appearance at VMworld in
#EMC booth 1207
The small fridge in a stylish VMAX shell was such a huge hit at both conferences that EMC engineers decided to make it “Enterprise Ready” and made it full size. Here are the features of the vFridge:
- Consists of Summit Appliance commercial refrigerator with an EMC VMAX door
- Holds refreshments for a team: 14.5 cubic feet interior
- Meets ETL-S commercial standard
- Dimensions: 23.9” wide x 29” deep x 74.9” high
- Weight: 325 lbs.
- Power requirements: 115V AC/60 Hz; 2.8 amps